Curd vada (dahi vada). The dahi vada we have here in the udupi restaurants has sugar in the dahi (curd). I will try to add this restaurant style recipe of thayir vadai too. The thayir vadai shared here is more of a tamilian style preparation and does not use sugar. but if you like some sweetness in the curd, then you can add sugar.
Both urad dal and yoghurt contains vitamins and calcium reduce stress and improves the digestive system. Dahi vada is also known as Perugu garelu, Curd vada, Perugu vada which is most popular Indian recipe. Dahi Vada Recipe – Andhra Perugu Garelu You can cook Curd vada (dahi vada) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Curd vada (dahi vada)
- Prepare 150 gms of gram flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic ginger paste.
- You need 1 pinch of Soda.
- You need 1 cup of Curd.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- Prepare of Dry red chillies 3_4.
Tadkewala Curd Vada Dahi Vada Andhra recipe is a mouth-watering South Indian dish prepared by soaking crispy vadas in seasoned yogurt mixture. Perugu Garelu are deliciously soft and spongy fried dumplings in a spiced yogurt mixture. Thayir Vadai is a South Indian version of the popular Dahi vada without the chutney. This is the south Indian version and dahi vada is the north Indian snack slightly varies from this thayir vada.
Curd vada (dahi vada) instructions
- Take a gram flour in a bowl add garlic ginger paste,red chilli powder,salt,turmeric and soda and add little water to make a paste. Dont make paste too thick..
- Then take a pan add oil and make vadas one by one.then keep it aside..
- Take another pan add oil add cumin seeds,curry leaves and dry chillies.keep aside..
- Take a large bowl add curd salt and garlic ginger paste in it then whisk it add little water in it. Then add all vadas in it. Then add curry leaves oil into it..
Dahi Vada, Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Bara are fried lentil dumplings, topped with curd, variety of chutney and spices. It's a famous Indian Chaat recipe and very popular street food. Learn to make super soft Punjabi Dahi Bhalla at home. There is something about Chaat recipes, that you just can't say no to any of them! In the North Indian version of dahi vada, we just add the green chutney, saunth chutney (tamarind chutney) sprinkled with some spice mixes.