Paneer in Pepper Yoghurt Gravy. Pepper paneer in yogurt gravy is a tasty and easy paneer recipe that fits great for everyday menu. If you are on a look out for a different paneer recipe which is not the same old paneer tikka masala or kadai paneer then you will love this recipe. Moreover this paneer gravy recipe has no tomatoes or heavy cream.
Add the pepper powder and salt. This simple paneer recipe is without tomatoes or heavy cream. A paneer recipe different from kadai paneer or paneer tikka masala. You can have Paneer in Pepper Yoghurt Gravy using 30 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paneer in Pepper Yoghurt Gravy
- You need of For grinding into paste -.
- Prepare 1 of Onion roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1.5” of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 of Green Chillies.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of raw Cashews.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need of For tempering -.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cooking oil (Any oil of your choice).
- It’s Pinch of Asafoetida / hing.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Jeera.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Amchur powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Kasoori methi.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Yoghurt/ curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of Besan / chickpea flour.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s of Sauté the veggies and paneer separately.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion cubed.
- Prepare 2 cups of Paneer cubed.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- You need of For Garnish (optional).
- It’s As needed of Freshly chopped coriander.
The Exotic Kali Mirch paneer is ready to serve with some pinch of fresh black pepper on top. Paneer Pepper Masala, yet another yummy Paneer Gravy and a wonderful accompaniment for any Indian Breads! Crushed Peppercorns sauted in ghee adds a nice and rich flavour to the whole dish. Cottage cheese in pepper gravy is one of the famous dish in many of the Indian Restaurants.
Paneer in Pepper Yoghurt Gravy instructions
- Ingredients -.
- Grind all the ingredients in the list above for making a paste..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Once heated add the mustard seeds, jeera, bay leaf, hing..
- When the seeds start to splutter, add the prepared paste. Be careful as it might splutter..
- Add in the turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala, pepper, amchur..
- Add water for cooking. Cover and cook for 2 mins stirring occasionally. Add salt and sugar..
- In the meantime whisk besan into little yogurt until lump free. Add remaining yoghurt and prepare smooth liquid..
- Add this mixture to the pan stirring continuously. Stir till the gravy is blended smoothly..
- Smash the Kasuri methi between your palms and add to the gravy with remaining water. Let the gravy cook on low for 5 mins..
- In another non-stick pan heat oil on medium. Add cubed onion, sauté it for a min..
- Now add in the paneer cubes and increase the flame to medium. Add salt..
- Sauté it for 2 mins tossing mid way, until the paneer is golden brown. The veggies should have a crunch and not very soft..
- Add the veggies and paneer to the gravy and mix it well. Simmer for 2-3 mins and switch off the flame..
- Just before serving garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander..
- Serve warm with phulkas or rice and salad.
I have seen many foreigners ordering either paneer in pepper gravy. Making the masala gravy When the paneer is ready, add the onions, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, cashews, yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, yogurt, and water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. Next, place the lid on and set the valve to the sealing position. Paneer Bell Pepper Gravy recipe is a very delicious and healthy recipe, goes well with poori, chapati, jeera rice, dosa, paratha too. So, it is a very simple and easy to make at home.