Grilled eggplant with yoghurt sauce. Simply use a potato peeler to peel "strips" off the eggplant skin (makes it easier to eat plus it looks pretty), slice, chargrill then top with a simple yoghurt sauce. Sprinkle with mint and/or coriander leaves. Use a wooden spoon to spank a pomegranate to scatter over the ruby red seeds (so much fun!).
Place the eggplant slices on a serving platter. Top with the yogurt sauce, chopped, walnuts, pomegranate arils, and chopped cilantro. Cut a slit lengthwise down each eggplant and carefully pull open with your hands. You can cook Grilled eggplant with yoghurt sauce using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled eggplant with yoghurt sauce
- You need 1 of big or 2 medium size eggplant (400 gms).
- Prepare 1 of big onion thinly sliced.
- You need 200 gms of greek/hung yoghurt.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chat masala.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need as required of Coriander leaves to garnish.
Arrange on a platter and squeeze juice from lemon over; season with salt. Dollop yogurt sauce around and sprinkle. I propose a recipe of eggplant on the grill with yogurt sauce. The recipe of eggplant on the grill with yogurt sauce is Rub eggplant rounds on both sides with sesame oil.
Grilled eggplant with yoghurt sauce step by step
- Take good quality large eggplant, wash and dry them..
- Dice them in thick pieces, apply some salt so that they don't get discolored. suggest not to soak them in salted water as they take long to grill and absorb more oil..
- Heat up a grill pan add 2 tbsp oil, place eggplant slices, and grill on both sides until they are cooked but remain firm..
- While eggplant is getting grilled deep fry onion slices till crisp and golden brown..
- Take hung yoghurt in a bowl, make sure there is no water in your hung curds, add a little salt and crushed garlic, mix lightly and keep this yoghurt sauce refrigerated till it's time to assemble..
- Your 3 main ingredients are ready to assemble..
- In a platter arrange grilled eggplant, spread greet yogurt sauce, sprinkle chilli powder and chat masala..
- Top it up with fried onion and coriander leaves, serve immediately..
Sprinkle with coriander, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and crushed red pepper. Put the eggplant halves on a rimmed baking sheet, cut sides up, and coat. Brush eggplant all over with remaining garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Eggplant rounds are lightly coated in flour, seasoned with cumin and turmeric, lightly fried in olive oil and served with a delicious roasted garlic yogurt sauce.