Easy! Cheap! Yoghurt Cake. Mix a few cheap ingredients in one bowl and bake the easiest yogurt cake ever, so delicious, moist, with hints of lemon and fruity jam. Plus, it's low sugar and packed with yogurt. *The recipe has been updated for more deliciousness! Mix together the eggs, yoghurt and sunflower oil in a large bowl.
It's known in France as "Gâteau au Yaourt" and is typically the first cake that French children learn how to make. Spoon the yogurt into a bowl; wash and dry the yoghurt pot to use as measuring jug. Beat eggs with caster sugar together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. You can cook Easy! Cheap! Yoghurt Cake using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy! Cheap! Yoghurt Cake
- It’s 200 ml of Yoghurt.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 70 grams of Sugar.
- You need 80 grams of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Empty the yoghurt tub into a medium sized mixing bowl and keep the empty tub. Handful of raspberries, or chocolate chips, blackberries, blueberries, whatever you fancy! Add your yogurt to a mixing bowl. Moist Lemon Yogurt Cake (Fluffy and Easy) is hands down super soft cake with delicious lemon flavor in every bite.
Easy! Cheap! Yoghurt Cake step by step
- Separate the egg whites and yolk. Add a pinch of salt to the whites, add half of the 35g of sugar in 2 batches and make the meringue..
- Add the rest of the sugar into the yolks and mix until thick. Next, add the yoghurt in one go and mix..
- Add the sifted flour and mix using a whisk, beating in one direction. Add the lemon juice to finish..
- Add the meringue from step 1 into step 3 in 2-3 batches, trying not to lose the air, and mix. Pour into the cake tin and tap it a few times to remove the air..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 170°C for 30-35 minutes. It will look like this when straight out of the oven and will have expanded more than expected..
- Once baked, drop it from a height of 10 cm and cool. This will settle the cake to around the height of the cake tin..
- It looks like this when sliced..
Made using yogurt, fresh lemon juice, olive oil and few more ingredients. This Moist Lemon Yogurt Cake is a MUST try !!! A Light, Moist Lemon Yogurt Cake (Fluffy and Easy) is what all summer dreams are made up of !!! They go sooo well with the Earl Grey tea I was having that I went for a second slice, with an additional scoop of ice cream on top (no photos of that as I was busy pigging away haha). Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.