Homemade Yoghurt. Choose from the world's largest selection of audiobooks. Take it off the heat and stir in the milk powder. Then all you need are a couple of pints of milk, a thermos flask and eight hours of no work whatsoever, to get you a whole big lot of it.
I use whole milk and skip the milk powder. I sterilize everything that touches the yogurt before I start. There are two ways to make natural yoghurt and it depends on whether you are using standard pasteurised milk or raw (unpasteurised milk). You can have Homemade Yoghurt using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Yoghurt
- Prepare 1/2 of mudu Powdered milk.
- You need 2 litre of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Starter.
For your next batch just use some of your homemade yoghurt as your starter, instead of buying more yoghurt. Bring milk to a boil in a thick bottomed pot. If you can keep your finger in the milk, you can go ahead and stir/whisk in the yogurt. All you need to make homemade yogurt is a half gallon of milk and about a half cup of yogurt.
Homemade Yoghurt instructions
- Dissolve milk inside the water put on fire to heat at 100 degrees and add milk immediately and allow to cool down at 45 degree cent..
- When the temp is at 45 cent, add your starter mix well n cover it well (1 use nylon and towel)and set aside inside a warm place like gas cooker or microwave..
- Leave to set for 8 hours and ur yoghurt is ready..
- Add sugar and flavor..
- Put in fridge. Enjoy.
For the yogurt, either Greek or regular yogurt is fine, but avoid any flavorings; stick to plain, unflavored yogurts. a simple homemade yogurt There are as many ways to make yogurt as there are to spell it. This is the one I use when I want a result that is not too thick – say, for breakfast muesli or a smoothie. Whatever takes your fancy we have everything you need to make yogurt from scratch. Browse our range including yogurt makers & flavours. The resulting yoghurt had quite a tart taste.