Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers. Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers is something which I have loved my whole life. They're nice and they look fantastic. Serve with the chimichurri and pickled onion.
Brush a grill pan with the oil. To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few. Mix ½ of the Greek yogurt with Tandoori spice mix. You can cook Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers
- You need 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of beef.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of acid (lime, lemon juice or vinegar).
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1-2 inch of piece of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s to taste of hot sauce or hot peppers.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Garam masala or curry powder.
Serve with the chimichurri and pickled onion. Skewer zucchini, and arrange around the meatballs. Ground beef is mixed with a variety of bold flavors for these skewers which make a tasty appetizer or meal. Garlic, cilantro, and mint are main flavor stars in this recipe but pomegranate, pinenuts, and cumin all play.
Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers step by step
- Mix everything except the beef in a blender.
- Slice your beef so it is about the same height as width. Mine are about 1/2 a side..
- Mix beef and marinade. I let mine marinate over night typically. So this is usually make a day ahead thing for me..
- About 1 hour before cooking, soak your bamboo skewers so they don't burn, if using..
- Place beef skewers so they will cook evenly. Leave space between pieces. I'm folding these in half because of their length.
- Grill on a medium high heat turning as each side is done. For my pieces here, about 3 minutes a side.
- Serve hot.
Beef skewers: Position oven rack in top third of oven. In a medium sized bowl, mix together masala paste and yogurt. Add beef to spice mixture and stir until evenly coated. Remove to a platter and garnish with some picked and torn cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime. Thread the skewers by placing a piece of steak, potato, steak, potato, steak in that order.